Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Helenoween

Apparently, Halloween is the new Christmas in our household. Bursting into our room at 5AM on Halloween morning, singing "I get to go Trick-or-Treating today" repeatedly has proven that. Then sleep-dancing in my bed for the next two hours, making it impossible for me to fall back asleep. Getting to that happy-go-lucky Trick-or-Treating point would prove to be a bit more challenging than I originally thought.

When I picked Helena up, she informed me she had to go to the bathroom really bad. After going to three places before someone finally had a bathroom we could use (and I got an attitude from a hairstylist dressed as a slutty {insert profession here} about how bathrooms were for customers only in a salon with no people), she got her Number 3 out of the way. Back in the car and on the road, I again had to convince her that she wasn't really the murderer from our costume party game (even though she was) while, through her tears she pleaded innocence and convinced me that "there's no way a kid could chop a man up to smithereens". Then dealing with the bloody nose she got, while sopping up blood in one of my sheets still in the backseat from the Beetlejuice movie night, while she sobbed about how she wasn't going to be able to go Trick-or-Treating and apologized for the blood on her dress and seat belt. All the while telling her, "It's all going to be alright." It was quite a hectic drive home.

But alas, we made it. Our new neighborhood couldn't get any better for Halloween – all the houses unique and creepy in their own rite. And I could describe everything to you in vivid detail, but why not just show you instead?


NEIGHBORHOOD HALLOWEEN PARADE










SCHOOL CARNIVAL










TRICK OR TREATING











Special thanks to my mom, the master seamstress, who makes Helena's unique costumes every year. She got a lot of compliments on this one!

3 comments:

  1. She looks so beautiful in her costume! LOVE the matching shoes! So nice to do "girly" costumes for her! And you are VERY welcome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, be prepared... next year we're trying to do a family costume with the 3 of us. The goal is to convince her to be the sand snake from Beetlejuice :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Trick or Treating in Arizona...no snow suit needed...not fair.

    ReplyDelete